EHS Hospitality International

EHS International


EHS Hospitality International H2B Visa Program Description

Every year, employers throughout the U.S. hire young adults from around the world to live and work under the H-2B Visa Program, filling positions where there is a shortage of American workers. We are able to help those who have already found a position in the U.S. as well as those who would like to be matched with an employer. Participants on the program are legally able to work in the U.S. for a full summer or winter season, typically 6-10 months.

About the Program

H2B Program gives an opportunity to obtain temporary work visa for seasonal manual work in the USA. Offered positions do not need to correspond with one's work experience or field of study. Work permit is issued for minimum of 4 months up to 10 months with a possibility to extend it for the period of 3 years.

Further Employment

Work permit applies to specific position and employer. Any other work is illegal. At the end of the contract there is an opportunity to get a new contract with different employer and thus to extend the validity of visa. If an applicant decides to leave his current employer, he/she must return to the home country. Otherwise his/her stay in the U.S. becomes illegal. 


Generally, employees from foreign countries get same wages as the US citizens.
In such case the salary for the H-2B jobs is never less than minimum wage for the specific position. Most employers pay starting from $7.00/hour.


Overtime pay is at least 1.5 times the employee's regular rate of pay. In some states, the employers pay for overtime not more than the employee's regular rate of pay. We will inform applicant about hourly rate of each position.


The salary is paid weekly or every two weeks.


Some employers provide accommodation for free, others provide some contribution. However, some employers do not provide accommodation and employees have to find it on their own. EHS Hospitality International will provide you with information on ways how to find accommodation in the U.S. The cost of accommodation is usually $50 - $85 per week, depending on the location. In case the employer provides accommodation, cost for this accommodation will be deducted from employee's monthly salary.


All other expenses including food have to be covered by employee. Expenses for food are not very high in the U.S., being approximately about $150 - $200 per month.

Health Insurance

All our participants will receive a health insurance before traveling to the U.S. 


The length of the visa depends on the length of the contract with the employer, but applicant may get visa for maximum of 10 months at first, with a possibility of extending it up to 3 years.
Important: visa applies only to one employer and position. This means that the employee cannot have a different job and work for a different employer other than the one stated in the visa.

The H-2B Work USA program includes:

  • Recruitment, screening and placement of employees
  • Employment agreements
  • Processing the Department of Labor certification application
  • Processing the H-2B Visa petition to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
  • Ensuring employees are covered by Accident and Sickness insurance and making low-cost coverage available when needed
  • Providing a Participant Handbook and Inside the USA guide for each employee
  • Ongoing 24-hour support for employers and employees

Types of Positions

H-2B Work USA specializes in H-2B Visas for the following positions:

Wait Staff
Host Staff 
Front Desk Housekeeping
Ski Instructors
Kitchen Staff
Food & Beverage Servers
Sales Assistance
Ski Lift Operators
Dining Room Attendants
Dishwashers & Bus Staff
Line & Prep Cooks, etc


Positions are available throughout the USA, mainly in big resort areas.


  • Full-time student status not required
  • Secured work placement
  • Guaranteed prevailing wage as would be paid to a full-time US citizen occupying the same position.
  • English proficiency need not be excellent but low to intermediate
  • Assistance and support for paperwork co-ordination and documentation for the temporary H-2B work visa
  • Health Insurance assistance
  • Pre-departure orientation in one's home country
  • Sound support on how to obtain a Social Security Card (requirement)
  • Tax Refund
  • Key references for building an attractive resume
  • An adventure of a lifetime

The program is open to any hardworking individual between the ages of 18 - 40 yrs. A low to intermediate understanding and ability to speak the English language is essential to qualify at your local US Embassy as well as to get by at your work place. Applicants should be willing to work unsupervised and diligently in an unskilled service sector environment.

How to Apply

Please Contact Us for current program fees. Once you received your application forms please complete and send them to UWP, including any supporting documents. Incomplete and poorly presented applications generally take longer to process and will result in delays to your program.

Please send EHS Hospitality International the original plus one copy of your completed application. 

We strongly recommend you keep a copy for your own reference.

Required Documents

  • A completed application form with signed terms and conditions.
  • Two original letters of references in English
  • Resume or CV
  • Copy of passport
  • Copies of previous US visas (if applicable)
  • 2 passport size photos

Self-Arranged Jobs

If you have an employer that is willing to hire you using the H2B Visa program, please Contact Us and give us your employer contact details. Our lawyers will contact the employer and will evaluate his eligibility.

Many thanks and good luck with your application! 



April 19, 2012
EHSHI is currently offering H2B visa extensions.

April 1th, 2012
EHSHI is currently recruiting J1 trainees with background in hospitality field. Several positions are available in Front Desk, F&B, and Rooms Division.

March 1st, 2012
We are looking for H-2B workers currently in USA with visas expiring. We may offer you special conditions on H-2B Visa Extensions and a new well-paid job.

February 15th, 2012
Recruitment open for H-2B and J1 positions in Hospitality.

January 28th, 2012
New Career Training Positions. Recruitment open for J1 trainees in Small Business Administration.